My dear Aunt Elaine passed away. It is hard to believe that it has been a year already! Since I was the one that introduced her to the blog world (which I have been horrible at lately), I thought it was fitting that I dedicate this blog to her.
She was such an amazingly strong, vivacious woman, who remained so positive right until the end. Her battle began with discovering she had breast cancer, over coming it and then discovering she had brain tumours. She was fighting those as well, but then my Uncle and her were in an accident and she was injured bad. I am still amazed that she fought and hung in there given everything that she had injured in the accident. However, it was too much and she just could not hold on.
I remember visits with her, long chats, serious chats, and her stories and sense of humour. She loved to talk, to find out anything and everything she could about everyone. We really cherished the fact that she was genuinely interested in hearing about us, our lives. She genuinely understood that we didn't have to have 'everything' to be somebody. We weren't judged by what we had or didn't have, said or didn't say, believed or didn't believe. It was ok to be 'us' around her, which is a rarity for us!
So many great memories of her. Some I know we will never forget and will chuckle at for years to come (Dominican, Kelowna and the pink shorts in the hot tub, lunch at the Uni with her, seeing her right before she went in for surgery after the accident, the list could go on...).
While I have been horrible at blogging lately, I always knew that when I did blog, she would be one of the firsts reading it and commenting on it. Her comments were stories in themselves, which I loved because I always learned so much from them. I loved reading her blogs too and I miss them!
My dear Aunt, you are missed by so many and have touched so many!


No comments:
Post a Comment