Saturday, 9 February 2013

Another Amazing Day!!

Three years ago we celebrated an Amazing Day with Zechariah and now we celebrate with Genesis!

I am still in shock!! She has been asking a lot of questions lately, especially to John about 'having Jesus in her heart'.  John told me a while back that he thought he may have to sit her down and explain it and have the conversation with her as she kept bringing it up, totally on her own, unprompted by any of us.  Of course I am always concerned about their age and whether or not they understand what it means to ask Jesus into their hearts.  I don't know why, as Zechariah clearly remembers and knows exactly what it means.

Yesterday, while they were eating lunch Gigi announced to John that she had asked Jesus into her heart.  He looked at her and said in shock, "you did....when and where?".  She responded that she had  in the bathroom (nice place to do it, but that is where she apparently does her best thinking and makes the best decisions----kind of like her Daddy--hee:o).  He asked her if she wanted to say the prayer together with him and she did.  So amazing!!!

I guess she asked John in the car a few days ago about asking Jesus into her heart and he asked her if she wanted to do it now.  She responded 'no', she would do it tomorrow.  Totally shows her personality.  She is a thinker, but she is extremely independent and will do things when she is good and ready.  Also shows that this is a decision that she has to make, that it is not forced by us.  I get so frustrated when I hear comments about us shoving our beliefs down people's throats and especially down our children's throats.  I will do everything possible to raise my children according to God's Word, but in the end it is 100% their decision as to whether or not they accept it and choose to live their lives for Jesus.  I just pray every single night that the Lord will have a whole heck of a lot of Mercy and Grace on John and I as we try and succeed at the most important job we could ever have---being Christian parents.  I fail miserably, especially lately when my patience is non-existent and my temper is quick and strong.  That is why I feel so incredibly blessed and thankful that my kids have such a yearning and desire at such a young age to follow Jesus.  I know I will have to pray even harder for them now!

We spent the night cuddling and talking.  As I mentioned I still worry as to whether or not they understand and know what they are doing, so I asked all sorts of questions.  Her answers amazed me and put my worries to rest.  We talked about the Bible verse we are currently memorizing from
1 John 3:16 - "Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions".  I asked what sort of things we could do that showed Jesus' love through us.  Genesis broke down in tears as she told me about the poor kids and how they have nothing to eat and sleep in the dirt.  She has a real heart for the poor and I pray that God will guard her heart and use her to help the poor that I know she feels burdened for.  It was such a precious moment.  She was trying so hard to hold the tears in and then she just looks at me and says "Mommy, my heart is so broken, it is just so broken for the poor"!  Such an amazing moment to share with my incredible gifts from God.  I am beyond bless! Days like these are absolutely priceless!

So today, we celebrated exactly like we did when Zech asked Jesus into his heart.  We bought special cupcakes, balloons (one for her to keep and one to send up to the angels and Jesus in heaven who are having a party right now), and she gets to pick out a special new book (of course a Gigi, God's little princess book is what she wants).  I sat with her and wrote special messages on her balloons.  It was pretty cute what she told me to put!  I think the pictures will tell the story.

I also felt so humbled and proud as to how Zech was so excited for her and just kept praying and thanking God that she asked Jesus into her heart.  I pray that these kids will always be close and can pray for one another in the years that lie ahead.  I pray that we are a close, praying, Christ centered family that can openly pray, talk and love each other daily!  I pray that we will not let our differences separate us, break us apart, but instead through Christ and his love for us, we will be open and loving with one another. 

My heart is full of happiness, so incredibly full right now!   Please keep my beautiful girl in your prayers, God is so incredibly good!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daddy John says:

so proud of my little Princess!!!