Last year was the first year we took Zech out and he enjoyed it, the candy presented a bit of a problem. I eventually just threw it out. It's a drug! I can't believe how much his behaviour is affected by it--even moreso now that he knows what it is! This year we were planning on going to a mall--or a local church here in town that was holding a carnival, but we didn't due to being extremely exhausted and run down and with all the H1N1 hoopla, we stayed in, safe and sound. We had a family night, with nachos and wings, a few treats and VEGGIE TALES!! Zech LOVES the Veggie Tale movies and they are not too scary! :o)
I did however, have costumes for the kids. Genesis was Marie the cat (thanks to the Vianello family) and Zech was a viking (total last minute costume).
We went to the Urban Treehouse here with a friend and it was awesome! The kids had a blast. They had a little theater area with dress-up clothes and Zech put the Knight costume on and wouldn't take it off. It was hilarious. So the next day while we were shopping for our Christmas boxes, Zech found the viking hat and a sword and there was his costume. I had some old material from a bellydancing costume kicking around so I pulled out my trusty sewing machine and made a vest for him. He thought it was the greatest thing. John had to buy a sword for himself so they could joust! However, the sword always seems to be drawn towards beating on his sister (thank goodness it is foam), so we have had to lay some rules and even take the sword away.
Hope that everyone had a safe night and now we can move on to the real holidays! ;o)



3 comments:
awwww, they look so cute! great job on the vest!
Very cool, Vanessa.
Oh, my mistake I thought this was the Sherdog site.........
just kidding, my two Beauties dressed by my Beauty.
Post a Comment