Thursday, 28 May 2009

3 Years

It is three years today since Dad passed away. That is quite hard to believe! Some days it seems longer, other days it seems like just yesterday. I miss him, but am so grateful for all of the good memories I do have of him. I wish that our kids would have had a chance to meet him and know their grandpa, but all I can do is show them pictures and tell them all about him.

Zech looks at some of the scrapbook pages that I have done of him and he knows that he is his Grandpa. So now when we look at the pictures he will point to him and say "papa" and then tell me that "he's in heaven"! Smart little monkey--I am often dumbfounded as to the things he remembers me saying.
So here's to my Dad and all of the wonderful memories I have of him. This is one of my all time favourite pictues of him that was taken 4 years ago at our wedding.

2 comments:

Heather M. said...

that photo is awesome, v.

meadow is the same way with her grampa in heaven too. it's really amazing.

i can't imagine how hard it must be especially when you think about your kids not knowing him. sigh...

Melanie said...

Oh, I miss dad too! I really love this picture of him!