Friday, 7 November 2008

Long Overdue...

I know this blog of mine has been so neglected lately, it's pathetic! I do have a lot to share and write about, and record, but never seem to have the time or energy to do anything lately!

So I will play a little catch-up.

At the end of September, right before we moved back here to Edmonton, we had a little birthday party for Zech. I just wanted to share a few pictures. He is obsessed with Choo choo trains, so hence the idea for the cake. I still can't believe that my little boy is two and what a two year old he is.
The boys trying to pick off all of the goodies---okay they were actually discussing which piece of the train they wanted!





I do have to give credit to my wonderful hubby and nephew Cody for helping me decorate the cake! It was a little challenging making a cake when half your kitchen was in boxes! Zech really liked his cake and was so excited about his "choo, choo tain"!

We also had a little get together with my side of the family once we arrived here in Edmonton, but I was on a picture taking strike for some crazy reason and never got one single picture. I am not too overly impressed about that, not very smart on my part!



Now for the next birthday celebration.....my Grandma Halwa turned 85 on Oct. 27. John, Zech and I drove out to Leduc to visit her and bring her some birthday loving! Last time I saw her in September, she couldn't remember who I was, but this time she did! I think it helped that I was with Zech and John-John. She calls John, John-John! As soon as I told her that John-John was with me, it seemed to click and she knew who we were.

Zech was really good and was giving Grandma lots of hugs and kisses. He was "full of beans" as Grandma said and she wasn't joking. It was like we had loaded him up on caffeine or sugar (which we hadn't) and he was just going 100 miles an hour the whole time. My poor Grandma looked like her head was spinning from his flurry of activity, but she really enjoyed the visit. Trying to get some decent pictures was a difficult task, as you can see!

Then we went and visited Grandpa. Zech thankfully calmed down a little and was full of hugs and kisses for Grandpa too. However, he was really interested in rocking Grandpa in his chair and we had to really watch him so he didn't rock poor Grandpa right out of his chair. Even though Grandpa has alzheimer's he is really good at holding a conversation and he laughs at all of John's jokes and even jokes back. When we were leaving Zech and I said goodbye and then John shook his hand and Grandpa grabbed on to it and wouldn't let go. So John kept talking and thanked Gramps for the visit and Grandpa stated that "it was his pleasure and to come anytime"! It was pretty funny and touching!

2 comments:

Heather M. said...

Wow, what an AWESOME cake, V! I totally love it!

Great photos of Zech with your Grandparents - what a treasure!

Hope you guys are well!

Anonymous said...

Cool cake V! And I love the pictures of Zech with grams and gramps (especially the one where he is picking his nose), LOL!