This week I am GrEightful for:
1. A pleasantly warm October.
2. The Keg. We went for supper last weekend and we usually never go to the Keg (due to the price and the portions), however we decided to try it again. They were awesome! They brought Zech a plate full of veggies, crackers and fruit while we waited for our meal (and never charged us for it). What a life saver. He was hungry and when he gets hungry he gets restless and really fussy. He was so good, and he had all of the waitresses stopping by to say hi--little flirt!
3. My husband. I haven't been feeling that great. Zech is just coming off his flew and maybe I got it. However, John is so great with Zech and lets me sleep in when I most need it! He is the best!
4. A two year old and his many ramblings! This morning he was downstairs playing and he was repeating over and over ..... "I'm a good boy, I'm a good boy, I'm a good boy"! It was so funny! He was in trouble this morning and I told him he wasn't being a good boy, so maybe he was trying to convince himself to change! :o)
5. Time to do some digital scrap booking. Even if it was only one layout, that is one more I have to put in my album!

6. Catching up with good friends. We met with Dave and Jeanette and got to see their little Princess for the first time. She is so gorgeous and such a good baby! It was so nice to catch up with some really great friends of ours! We really did miss them!
7. Chatting on the phone with the Vianello's! Even though they are in Europe, they are just a phone call away! They are doing great and adjusting to their new roles. It has been really interesting to learn about Holland and their medical system through Mari. They are very hands off throughout the whole pregnancy. The midwives deliver the baby at the hospital and if baby and mom are fine, they send them home 3-5 hours after the baby is born. However, (this is the best part) they get their own personal nurse for 8 days after the baby is born. This nurse is there to help you and you can consult with her at any time. Mari and Tony's nurse has been cooking, doing laundry, helping out with the baby, and cleaning! I think that is great! The after care is so important, especially when you are a first time parent!
8. Reading the Bible and learning more and more about God's character.
3 comments:
Yeah for time to create - and the great memories that are preserved!! Wow - the system in The Netherlands sounds great - I know Heather would have like that :)) Hope you are feeling better soon.
What a super layout Vanessa! Your lettering is awesome. Won't it be fun in years to come to look back on these early shared experiences with Zech!!
Did you know that your great great grandmother on your Mom's side was a midwife? It was typical for her to stay with the family for quite some time after the baby's delivery and to assist with household chores. In our progress we sometimes lose valuable ways of doing things from the past.
Such a great list! Love the layout!
Oh man, I would LOVE to have a nurse for 8 days!
Hope you are well!
Post a Comment