Wednesday, 30 July 2008

Digital Goodies....

I received an email from my good friend Sharon today. She is a crafty genius! Her cards are amazing and she also does a lot of scrapping. She told me that she has started doing some Digital Scrapping through Memory Makers. SO I thought I would check them out.

I learned a new term and that is Hybrid Scrapping, where you combine Digital scrapbooking and Traditional scrapbooking. This really intruiged me. I love the idea of doing most of the layout digitally and then adding some traditional embellishments! Some people have even printed out a 10x10 Digital layout and attached it to 12x12 card stock and added some embellishments. AWESOME!! I have been really struggling lately as to "what to do"! Should I make the switch to Digital only, or should I do a bit of both, but now I can combine the two. I still have so much product and goodies to use and I would hate to just let them sit there because I went digital. So I will have to experiment with this new Hybrid method.

Also, I wanted to share a few Digital freebies with everyone.

1. Check out these new free fonts from scrapNfonts.

2. Check out the free Bohemian Summer kit by Michelle Coleman on the Memory Makers site.

3. Check out the free Wild Sorbet Digital kit by Michelle Coleman as well.

4. Ok, there are a few, but I think they are gorgeous......so check out the free Embrace Life kit by Sande Kriegers.

5. And this is the last one (well there are more, but these were my favourites) and it is a Christmas one---the free Frosted Digital kit by Michelle Coleman. I think that the Magenta Snowflake peel-offs would make a great embellishment for a hybrid layout using this kit.

Hope everyone is having a Great Day!

1 comment:

Heather M. said...

Great share! I've downloaded most of those already and love them! There are lots of amazing digital kits for free on the net. Have fun playing!