Tuesday, 13 March 2012

My first run.....how not to run

So I finally went for a run. I am not injured, I do not have any ailments that prevent me from running, I just don't have the time. It is a scheduling problem. I started doing workouts in the mornings when Zech is at school and when Jude is finally napping. However, my little girl has been seriously neglected. I didn't want the middle child syndrome to affect her----you know the 'forgotten one'. That is kind of what she has been. So I have been trying to spend more time with just her, playing with her, reading with her, doing crafts with her. So their went my morning workout time (I am a morning work out person---love getting my workouts, runs, whatever done in the mornings).

I would then do my workouts as soon as the kids were in bed, which went great until we all got sick again. So frustrating.

Anyways, I have had a few frustrating days and nights with Jude and he just would not go down for his nap, so I decided that the weather was nice and I was going to take them out for a run. I put them in the Chariot and off we went. I was also hoping that he would go back to sleep

I LOVE running. It is such a stress reliever for me. It is one of the times when I can truly get alone with God and just empty, release, hand over everything. I have had some of my most amazing, intimate times with Him on my runs.

Today was not one of those times............

- the weather was warm, yes.......but the wind was atrocious and I forgot my ear thingy's in the van which John had.

- Genesis cried the entire time.....which meant Jude did not go back to sleep.

- I forgot that we live in a really, hilly part of Cochrane.

- I let Genesis out to run in the flat field and then she decided that she didn't want to get back in the Stroller, she wanted to walk or run beside me (she can't keep up--yet).

- She was forced back in the Stroller.

- She then screamed the entire rest of the ride and kept asking over and over and over if we could go to the park.

- Her consequence for not listening to me was 'no' park time.

- She then started screaming......"I want to go to the park" like a broken record.

- The wind was insane, I felt like I was running hard, but barely moving.

- I forgot about the super steep hill I had to go up on the last part of the run. Ouch!

- Only Twenty minutes and I felt more stressed, more burnt than I did before I went.

So that was my first run. I am sore, and I am now sick. My entire body aches and I feel like I have been hit by a truck. I want to run again, but am a little 'scared' to right now after that little epsiode. Hopefully next week is better, as this first run was a good example of 'how not to run'!

2 comments:

Meaghan said...

Another Cochrane-er! That's 3 people I know now, lol! I'll be down your way for the Footstock races on June 6 - I know the pain of the hills there far too well :) Hopefully your next run is much more peaceful!!

Tyler and Melinda said...

Running with little ones is so challenging, especially when they just want to get out and run themselves. Samuel's at the same stage. When I was running with him I'd try and run to a park or play area or something for him, let him out to play for a bit and then hop back in and head home. With two I'm not sure how that's going to pan out. I hope you can get back to something you enjoy so much and still spend time with your little ones.