Monday, 4 April 2011

This Journey...

When I started this blog, the name came to me instantly--THE JOURNEY AHEAD. I knew that we really did have a journey ahead of us, but what we never know is how that journey is going to end, what direction it is going to go, which turn it will take, when we will have to back track a bit because we have found ourselves a little lost, or perhaps we have come to the fork and just need to stay and pray, before we take the next move.

This has pretty much summed up our lives; my life since accepting Christ. It has been hard as I am a planner and I like to know exactly where I am going, but my way is not HIS way and generally not the right way. Surrendering that control to him has been one of the most challenging things in my life.

There have been quite a few really tough years, or seasons. This past year has definitely been one of them. The hardest bar none on so many levels, however we have learned so much and God has really been working in our lives, purging, pruning, preparing us for what I know he has in store for us on this next leg of the journey. I won't lie, it has been hard. There have been so many times where we have just wanted to give up, throw the towel in and forget the things that we know God has been speaking to us about and go our own way, you know the journey that is far more traveled---not the narrow road. It is during those times where we have really seen and felt God's presence in our lives and come to the realization that HE really does love us, care for us. Why do we forget or even question that?

So lots of changes are happening. Huge changes, exciting changes, scary changes, but oh how we love change! ;o) Lately it seems like all of a sudden so many doors have opened for John and for us. The journey that has led up to these open doors has been a perplexing one, one that we have kind of looked back on and said 'what the heck', but He knows what He is doing and has a plan for us. So with that being said, these next few weeks are really critical times for us and we could really use your prayers. We need to know exactly where God wants us to be, what direction on this journey He wants us to take. We need wisdom, discernment and clarity to hear His voice and not succumb to our own emotions.

Soon there will be a few announcements. I say a few, because yes I am holding out a little! ;o) As Zech says, "mom it's not a secret anymore, I can tell people now".

Hopefully soon this blog won't be as neglected as it has been either........

For now, please if you think about us, keep us in your prayers!

3 comments:

Faith and Mark said...

We will be praying for you. And anxiously waiting for the mysterious announcements.
Faith

Heather M. said...

thinking of you and will be praying for you especially this week.

Casey said...

So, somehow I wasn't following you anymore. But now I am again:-) Anyways, I will keep you guys in my prayers as well.

Our life is chaos right now as we are moving to BC and Jesse is having a pretty bad MS relapse. No fun around here but we're being forced to rely on God which is actually a good thing in a world where we continue to be able to find ways to rely on ourselves far to often. People are reaching out and helping us and God is moving inside of us...so what more could we really ask for!

Anyways, I'm glad to be back on your blog:-)
--Casey