Thursday, 7 January 2010

Genesis at 7 Months...




I feel like my baby is no longer a baby. I can not believe how fast she has grown and changed so much. With Zech, because he was our first we were constantly waiting, anticipating each new milestone and now with Genesis, I don't want these milestones to come as quickly as they seem to be coming!

This month flew by, yet again and there are lots of new milestones to report! :o)

Genesis at 7 Months:

- Weighs 18lbs. 4 oz. (8.36 kg). She lost weight which kind of caught me off guard because she eats so much, but then as John pointed out, she is really active and just goes everywhere.

- Is 28 1/4 inches long.

- Is wearing mainly 12 month clothing--depends on the brand. She is still super long and she has pants that don't fit her length wise (can you say flood) and are way too big around the waist.

- Wears size 4 disposable diapers.

- Goes, goes, goes! She has mastered crawling and she can really move! Zech loves to run to a different room and call her and she goes crawling to him. He thinks that is the funniest thing ever.

- Eats three meals a day and even has snacks. She is a hungry little girl!

- Eats all sorts of foods. She really likes chicken, turkey and her veggies. Still not a fruit eater! I make most of her food at home and the odd time when we have been out and I have just bought some jars, she isn't too fussy about it.

- Started on finger foods. She LOVES Puffed Wheat. They are great things to keep her occupied while I am trying to finish making supper. She has also tried Cheerios, and baby Mum Mums.

- Loves water. She drinks it from a cup and now from her new sippy cup with a straw. She also knows how to drink using a straw!

- She can go into the sitting position all by herself. I thought John had sat her up and he thought I had sat her up and we know that Zech certainly didn't sit her up. We then caught her doing it, so now we know! :o)

- Loved her first Christmas! She was totally into the wrapping paper! ;o)

- Still doesn't sleep the greatest. It has been a struggle, but hopefully now that we are into a better routine after Christmas things will get better. She still naps twice a day (not long) and then goes to bed around 8:00 pm. She is usually up twice a night---still!!

- Had the stomach flu after Christmas. Not fun!

- Is such a busy body. She loves to play with all of her toys, especially her brother's which doesn't go over too well. Now we are really learning all about sharing!

- Goes for the outlets! AHHH!

- Is little Miss Sensitive. We were a little surprised. I told her "no" very firmly because I didn't want her to touch the outlet and she had a complete melt down. John told her "no" and held her hand back when she was trying to shove her Mum Mum in her mouth (the whole thing) and she had another melt down. Completely opposite of her brother! ;o)

- Loves to give kisses! It is sooo sweet!

- Loves to dance!

- Loves it when we sing to her or just sing period.

- Is still a very happy, smiley baby!






- Now pulls herself up onto anything and everything! We had to lower her crib and put up the baby gates.

- Loves books, but always wants to chew on them.

- Is a total Mommy's girl when she wants to be fed, but loves to play and have fun with Daddy!

- Loves her bath time!

- Gives mommy Raspberries on the tummy all the time ( I have no idea why?)!

- Is a bit of a chatterbox (not as much as her brother). Makes all sorts of noises, but lately is really into this laughing thing. She has this funny little laugh that she does all the time--it's cute!

2 comments:

Tyler and Melinda said...

Ah, wow, V!! She's doing so much. I can't believe how active she is, crawling and pulling herself up. Samuel wears size 12 clothes, too, but we have the opposite problem with pants. They're usually plenty long, but too snug around the thighs and waist. Love hearing about your cute little girl.

Crystal said...

Love the baby folds on her tummy in the first picture! She sounds like a wonderful, busy and happy baby! Enjoy every minute - she's growing up quickly.