Thursday, 10 September 2009

Genesis at 3 months



I know, once again I am late and soon it will be time for a four month update, but like I always say...better late than never! :o)

Genesis at 3 months:

- Weighs 15 lbs. 9 oz.
- Is 25 1/2 inches long.
- Wears size 2 disposables, but will have to graduate to the next size here now.
- Wears mainly 6 month clothing, but is still in some 3-6 month clothing and in some 9 month clothing too.  I guess it depends on the brand!
- Still as smiley as can be!  Everyone always comments on what a happy, smiley baby she is!
- Just started to giggle and daddy gets the most giggles because he found her ticklish spot! Too cute!
- Sleeps decent through the night although she has fluctuated and was starting to go to sleep earlier and then she got really bad and started waking up almost every hour!  AHH I hope it's just a growth spurt!
- Naps in the morning around 11:00 and then in the afternoon, but she is such a cat napper.  I wish she would nap longer!
- Loves her big brother and is really starting to try and interact with him.
- Started rolling over and it is too soon!  She is constantly getting stuck and the minute I roll her back, she rolls right over on her tummy again.  
- Likes the bumbo, especially when mommy is trying to cook!
- Has to see everything.  She is curious and extremely alert just like her brother was and still is.  We are no longer in the Bjorn facing inwards---nope she has to face outwards so that she can see everything that happens.
- Loves when Zech says his prayers at night.  She always smiles and smiles and smiles at him as he is saying them.  It's pretty cute!
- Is such a Daddy's girl.  As soon as he comes home, she just lights up and will watch every move he makes.  He gets the biggest smiles and giggles from her. It is so sweet!
- Still does not really like her soother, but I am forcing it on her at night time a bit more--for my own sanity sake.
- Started teething---ahhhhhhh! Zech got his first two at three months and now she is starting and she appears to be getting her top incisors.  It is really weird but the one tooth is showing through the middle of the gum.  She has been one fussy baby (which is not like her) and she has had many episodes of screaming out in pain as she attacks her hand or grabs ours and shoves it in her mouth.  So Gripe water and holistic teething tablets have become necessary as she is too young for anything else!
- Loves to be outside.
- Is starting to grab her toys on her jungle mat and actually succeeds.
- Is getting a little better at traveling.  She hates her infant carrier, but soon she will be out of it so we won't have to worry! :o)

** On a little side note.  I am using John's computer which is a MAC so I am still trying to figure out little things about this thing---like how to move the pictures where I want them to be on my blog--erghh!  


No comments: