This week I am grateful for:
1. Beach time and meeting new friends for Zech to play with. He just invites himself into the circle of kids and toys.
2. My little boy who has such a wonderful, kind, sensitive heart. We were at the park on Friday and some mentally challenged kids were there too. One older guy came and sat in the circle of kids and proceeded to fill his bucket with rocks. While all the other kids ignored him, Zech stood up and went over and started helping him. He leaned right up against him and started talking to him and helped him fill his bucket. It was so sweet and cute! (I do admit that I was a little apprehensive......if only I had the innocence and non biased that kids like Zech have at this age)
3. Time to check out the Farmer's Market in Kelowna.
4. Meeting the kids that I will be teaching this week. I went in to get my lesson plans and prepare for this week. Should be a fun week. I get to take them on field trips every single afternoon!
5. Family time at the beach with my wonderful husband and beautiful boy!
6. Caramel apples with smarties! (a special treat for mommy and Zech to share)
7. The Bible and the insight it offers! Sola Scriptura!
8. Good health.
3 comments:
The innocence and acceptance of children is such an example of us, isn't it? I love reading your lists - they make me smile. I bet you loved seeing your mom again! Enjoy your week - I'm sure you'll have stories to tell :))
Awesome list! I love watching H interact with other people too - they are so beautiful and unbiased and accepting, hey?
I hope your first day of subbing went well and the rest of the week too! Oh, I miss you guys - it sounds like Zech has changed so much in these last two months!
Post a Comment