Tuesday, 30 October 2007

We are no longer.........


LIVING OUT OF A SUITCASE!!!!
Today all of our stuff arrived and we are unloading it as we speak! Oh I am so excited for our bed--our nice pillowy soft (but not too soft), cloud like, King size bed!!
We have felt like Canadian refugees living out of our suitcases, sitting on the floor, sleeping on an air mattress, eating off of plastic and cooking with only one frying pan. However, God does have a reason for everything and maybe this was to teach us to not take what we do have for granted. We really aren't that bad off and I know that there are a lot of people in many third world countries that have much worse conditions than what we have had over the last month.
I think that God is also trying to teach us PATIENCE. We have waited over a month for our stuff and now that it is here, we can not open it, unpack it and enjoy it just yet. We are going to be moving in a couple of weeks, so we can't get too settled yet.
All we can do is trust in God's ability to see the big picture!!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I love the pictures with clothes on the floor and little boy in the suitcase - such a fun thing for a little guy to do! Every time I see Zech I see your dad and your brother - there is so much resemblance there!

I hear you about the market visits. Melinda's been lucky to do lots of shopping at them in Taiwan and now in Poland. And it's always so fresh and reasonably priced. I wish they were more common in Canada.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Come again - I usually have pictures of little ones - it's a Gramma thing, you know! And I can only imagine how welcome little glimpses of 'home' stuff are these days :)) I've lived through the far-away-from-home thing with Mel too. But you are so right - God has a plan for you(us) and He is always good. ((( HUGS )))

Heather M. said...

YAYAYAY!!!! I'm so glad your stuff arrived!